By winning the 126-pound state championship in Class 4A-3A on Saturday, Kraisser became only the fifth wrestler to win four individual titles over a career. The senior went 36-3 this season to finish with a 152-6 record. His coach, Dave Roogow, says Kraisser "doesn't really feel the pressure because he really does treat every match like his opponent is in the state finals." Through four years Kraisser has won every match in the state tournament by major decision, technical fall or pin. He carries a 3.5 GPA and has signed to wrestle at North Carolina.
Others considered: Tejon Anthony, Western Tech, wrestling; Brandon Ballard, North County, wrestling; Myrek Lee-Fowlkes, Patterson, basketball; Aaron Park, Lake Clifton, basketball.
Boys Athlete of the Week: Nathan Kraisser, Centennial, wrestling
- Athletes of the Week: 2011-12
- Varsity Letters: Your guide to local high school sports
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
- February-March [Pictures]
- 2013 Maryland high school football [Pictures]
See more photos »
Centennial High School, 4300 Centennial Ln, Ellicott City, MD 21042-6298, USA