At Saturday's Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association tournament, the senior became only the fourth wrestler to win four titles since the league was formed in 1994. Friedman won a 13-2 major decision in the 126-pound final, and he was also named the tournament's outstanding wrestler. Known for his durability and determination — he hasn't missed a match this season despite a partially torn medial collateral ligament in his knee — Friedman is 41-8. He is also an A student and will wrestle at the University of Pennsylvania.
Others Considered: Roman Braglio, McDonogh, wrestling; Marshal Chang, Winters Mill, wrestling; Tyler Rill, Mount St. Joseph, wrestling; Michael Seaberg, South River, swimming; Cody Sharkey, Winters Mill, wrestling; Ian Silverman, McDonogh, swimming; Delaszo Smith, Annapolis, basketball.
Boys Athlete of the Week: Eric Friedman, St. Paul's, wrestling
- Athletes of the Week: 2011-12
- Girls Athlete of the Week: Imani Bailey, Meade, basketball
- Varsity Letters: Your guide to local high school sports
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
- February-March [Pictures]
See more photos »
St Paul's School for Boys, Lutherville-Timonium, MD 21093, USA