The Maryland Public Secondary Schools Athletic Association on Wednesday announced pairings for the state baseball tournament. Section quarterfinals begin Friday.
Four local teams earned No. 1 seeds in Class 3A, including No. 13 Franklin (Section I, North), No. 8 North Harford (North, Section II) Poly (East, Section I) and No. 1 Atholton (East, Section II).
Perry Hall (North, Section I) and No. 6 Chesapeake-AA (East, Section I) received top seeds in Class 4A.
- MPSSAA releases state softball tournament bracket
- Mount Hebron gets top seed in super section in girls lacrosse draw
- Westminster and Howard, both undefeated, prime for potential early playoff showdown
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
In Class 2A, Marriotts Ridge (South, Section I), Loch Raven (North, Section I) and Randallstown (North, Section II) received No. 1 seeds.
In Class 1A, KASA (South, Section I), Douglass (South, Section II), Sparrows Point (North, Section I) and Havre de Grace (East, Section I) earned top seeds.
Quarterfinal winners will advance to the section semifinals on Monday. Section finals are May 14 and region finals are May 16. The state semifinals will be played on May 20.
The state finals will be held at Ripken Stadium in Aberdeen, with Class 4A playing on May 23 and other classes playing on May 24.
For more information, visit the MPSSAA's website.