It was a rough playoff week for Baltimore area high school football teams with only two Top 15 teams advancing to the state semifinals. The semifinal winners will play for the championships at M&T Bank Stadium on Dec. 3 (3A), Dec. 4 (4A) and Dec. 5 (1A and 2A).
Check Tuesday’s paper to see the new Top 15, but in the meantime, here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared this weekend.
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next opponent
1. McDonogh/11-0/Season over.
2. Gilman/7-3/Season over.
3. Arundel/8-4/Lost to Meade 22-21/Season over.
4. Old Mill/10-1/Season over.
5. Archbishop Spalding/8-3/Season over.
6. Meade/10-2/Def. Arundel 22-21/At Suitland, Saturday.
7. Perry Hall/10-2/Lost to Paint Branch 51-48/Season over.
8. Broadneck/8-3/Season over.
9. Howard/8-3/Season over.
10. Glenelg/9-2/Season over.
11. Franklin/10-2/Def. Milford Mill 49-14/At Huntingtown, Friday.
12. St. Paul’s/9-1/Season over.
13. Dunbar/9-3/Lost to Patterson 14-0/Season over.
14. Fallston/11-1/Lost to Kent Island 28-12/Season over.
15. Reservoir/8-4/Lost to River Hill 28-0/ Season over.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun