Anything can happen in the postseason, and that certainly proved true Friday with the top three public school teams all falling in the first round of the regional playoffs. Seven of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 teams advanced to the regional title games and, with two games involving two ranked teams, at least two of them will move on to the state semifinals.
State champions will be crowned on Dec. 3 (3A), Dec. 4 (4A) and Dec. 5 (1A and 2A) at M&T Bank Stadium.
Check Tuesday’s paper to see how the losses shuffle the Top 15, but in the meantime, here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared this weekend.
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next opponent
1. McDonogh/11-0/Season over.
2. Old Mill/10-1/Lost to Arundel 25-22/Season over.
3. Gilman/7-3/Season over.
4. Broadneck/8-3/Lost to Meade 41-31/Season over.
5. Archbishop Spalding/8-3/Season over.
6. Glenelg/9-2/Lost to Reservoir 34-13/Season over.
7. Perry Hall/10-1/Def. Howard 28-14/At Paint Branch, Fri.
8. Meade/9-2/Def. Broadneck 41-31/Vs. Arundel, Fri.
9. Howard/8-3/Lost to Perry Hall 28-14/Season over.
10. Arundel/8-3/Def. Old Mill 25-22/At Meade, Fri.
11. St. Paul’s/9-1/Season over.
12. Franklin/9-2/Def. Westminster 49-14/Vs. Milford Mill, Fri.
13. Dunbar/9-2/Def. Carver 44-0/Vs. Patterson, Fri.
14. Fallston/11-0/Def. Easton 27-21/Vs. Kent Island, Fri
15. Douglass/10-0/Def. DuBois 68-0/Vs. Edmondson at Poly, Sat.