After 10 weeks (or so) of football, the MIAA champions have been crowned -- McDonogh in the A Conference, St. Paul's in the B Conference and St. John's-CP in the C Conference -- and the public school teams are rolling into the playoffs.
Many public school games over the weekend were essentially playoff games because several teams needed to win to advance to the four-team regionals, and others improved their seedings. The season continues for all of the public school teams ranked in The Baltimore Sun Top 15.
Check Tuesday’s newspaper to see how four upsets scrambled the poll. Here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared this weekend:
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next opponent
1. Gilman/7-3/Lost to McDonogh 37-6/Season over.
2. McDonogh/11-0/Def. Gilman 36-7, MIAA A Conference champ/Season over.
3. Old Mill/10-0/Def. Severna Park 47-14/Vs. Arundel, Fri.
4. Meade/8-2/Lost to Arundel 24-17/Vs. Broadneck, Fri.
5. Broadneck/8-2/Def. Glen Burnie 35-7/At Meade, Fri.
6. Archbishop Spalding/8-3/Def. Calvert Hall 28-21/Season over.
7. Glenelg/9-1/Def. Atholton 33-0/Vs. Reservoir, Fri.
8. Perry Hall/9-1/Def. Dundalk 35-18/Vs. Howard, Fri.
9. Howard/8-2/Def. Long Reach 21-6/At Perry Hall, Fri.
10. Archbishop Curley/9-2/Lost to St. Paul’s 19-14/Season over.
11. St. Paul’s/9-1/Def. Curley 19-14, MIAA B Conference champ/Season over.
12. Franklin/8-2/Def. Catonsville 56-14/Vs. Westminster, Fri.
13. Dunbar/8-2/Def. Southwestern 42-0/Vs. Carver, Fri.
14. Fallston/10-0/Def. Bel Air 40-22/Vs. Easton, Fri.
15. Edmondson/6-4/Lost to Mervo 12-6/Vs. Northwestern, Sat.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun