It didn’t take long for the weather to foul up high school football season again this fall, but most of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 teams managed to play despite the Thursday postponements. Only No. 2 River Hill will make up its game on Monday. Mount St. Joseph’s game with Landon will not be rescheduled. This weekend saw just one Top 15 upset – unranked Archbishop Curley rolling over No. 10 Loyola, 39-7, a week after the Dons had beaten St. John’s from Washington, D.C.
Check to see if Curley makes its 2013 debut in the Top 15 when the new rankings are published in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next week
1. Gilman/1-2/Idle/Vs. Anacostia, D.C., Fri.
2. River Hill/1-0/Vs. Marriotts Ridge ppd. to Monday/At Atholton, Fri.
3. Meade/2-0/Def. South River 45-42/Vs. Old Mill, Fri.
4. Old Mill/2-0/Def. Arundel 24-14/At Meade, Fri.
5. Calvert Hall/1-3/Lost to Good Counsel 21-3/Vs Fairfax, Va., Sat.
6. Dunbar/1-1/Def. Mervo 36-12/At Lewis, Fri.
7. Westminster/0-2/Lost to Linganore 41-20/At Urbana, Fri.
8. McDonogh/4-0/Def. Penn Charter, Pa. 35-0/At Georgetown Prep, Fri.
9. St. Paul’s/3-0/Def. Pallotti 21-0/Vs. Landon, Fri.
10. Loyola/1-2/Lost to Curley 39-7/At North Harford, Fri.
11. Arundel/1-1/Lost to Old Mill 24-14/Vs. North County, Fri
12. Milford Mill/1-1/Def. Hereford 21-17/Vs. New Town, Sat.
13. Franklin/1-1/Def. New Town 51-12/Vs. Hereford, Fri.
14. Mount St. Joseph/1-1/At Landon canc./At Dover, Del., Fri.
15. Archbishop Spalding/3-0/Def. Cape Henlopen, Del. 44-20/At Bullis, Fri.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun