It’s so early in the high school football season that public schools teams haven’t played a game, but the MIAA is well underway with several teams completing their second week of action. The public schools kick off their season Friday night, but here’s a look at how the Top 15 teams fared – who played and who didn’t.
Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Last result/Next opponent
1. Gilman/1-1/Lost to Manatee, Fla. 44-14/Vs. Paramus, N.J. at Rutgers, Sun.
2. River Hill/0-0/Idle/At Glenelg, Fri.
3. Calvert Hall/0-2/Lost to Trinity Catholic, Fla. 21-3/At Franklin, Sat.
4. Meade/0-0/Idle/At Glen Burnie, Fri.
5. Old Mill/0-0/Idle/At Broadneck, Fri.
6. Dunbar/0-0/Idle/Vs. Mansfield, Mass., Fri.
7. Westminster/0-0/Idle/Vs. Middletown, Fri.
8. McDonogh/2-0/Def. Benedictine, VA 42-14/At Haverford, Pa., Sat.
9. Milford Mill/0-0/Idle/Vs. North Hagerstown, Fri.
10. Franklin/0-0/Idle/Vs. Calvert Hall, Sat.
11. Arundel/0-0/Idle/At Severna Park, Fri.
12. Mount St. Joseph/0-1/Lost to Bishop McNamara 51-43/At St. Alban’s Sat.
13. Archbishop Spalding/1-0/Def. Delaware Valley Charter, Pa. 42-16/Vs. St. Mary’s Fri.
14. St. Paul’s/1-0/ Def Loyola 26-21/At Hereford, Fri.
15. Perry Hall/0-0/Idle/At North Harford, Fri.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun