Five of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 football teams remain undefeated after this week’s action and No. 2 River Hill had to win twice to stay perfect.
The Hawks beat Marriotts Ridge on Monday after thunderstorms postponed the previous week’s game, and they came right back to cap the short week with a win over Atholton on Friday.
Compared to that, everyone else had it pretty easy.
Only two of the Top 10 faltered, No. 3 Meade against No. 4 Old Mill, and Westminster, which will be glad to get back to Carroll County opponents after going 0-3 against the top three teams in Frederick County.
Here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared and who's up next. Check for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next week
1. Gilman/2-2/Def. Anacostia, D.C. 56-6/Idle, vs. Mount St. Joseph, Oct. 4
2. River Hill/3-0/Def. Marriotts Ridge 49-0, def. Atholton 28-6/Vs. Centennial, Friday
3. Meade/2-1/Lost to Old Mill 30-20/Vs. Chesapeake-AA, Friday
4. Old Mill/3-0/Def. Meade 30-20/Vs. South River, Saturday
5. Dunbar/2-1/Def. Lewis 58-0/Vs. Patterson, Friday
6. McDonogh/5-0/Def. Georgetown Prep 41-10/At Mount St. Joseph, Saturday
7. Calvert Hall/2-3/Def. Fairfax Home School, Va. 50-0/Vs. St. Frances, Saturday
8. Westminster/0-3/Lost to Urbana 27-14/Vs. Manchester Valley, Friday
9. St. Paul’s/4-0/Def. Landon 28-14/Idle, at John Carroll, Oct. 4
10. Arundel/2-1/Def. North County 68-0/At Glen Burnie, Friday
11. Milford Mill/2-1/Def. New Town 41-21/Vs. Parkville, Saturday
12. Franklin/2-1/Def. Hereford 42-6/At Perry Hall, Friday
13. Archbishop Curley/4-0/Def. Caravel, Del. 49-35/At. St. Mary’s, Friday
14. Mount St. Joseph/1-2/Lost to Dover, Del. 59-44/Vs. McDonogh, Saturday
15. Archbishop Spalding/3-1/Lost to Bullis 21-14/Vs. Loyola, Friday