The Greyhounds will play two other teams listed in the Super 25, including No. 14 Archbishop Moeller (Ohio) to begin the season Aug. 26 in Cincinnati. The matchup will be televised on ESPNU as part of the third annual ESPN High School Football Kickoff.
- Pictures: 2011 high school football in Maryland
- Gilman football opener vs. Ohio power to be on ESPNU
- Calvert Hall-Dunbar headlines 2012 I-95 Kickoff Classic
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
See more photos »
Here is the USA Today analysis of Gilman:
The Greyhounds won their first MIAA A Conference title last season and return 13 starters. Defense loaded with Div. I recruits: LB Micah Kiser (Virginia); DT/TE Henry Poggi, son of coach Biff Poggi and a Michigan commit; CB Troy Vincent, son of the former NFL player of the same name; and junior LB Melvin Keihn. The offense is led by QB Shane Cockerille, who has said he will sign with Maryland. Schedule includes No. 9 Good Counsel (Olney), No. 14 Moeller (Cincinnati) and last year's Super 25 top team, Don Bosco Prep (Ramsey, N.J.).
Gilman was recently ranked No. 72 in the nation by Rivals.com.