Friday's second and final day of the Spark at the Park boys basketball tournament at Forest Park has been canceled after a fight broke out Thursday night during a game between the host school and Owings Mills.
With Owings Mills leading 63-58 with under two minutes to play in the fourth quarter of the tournament's second game on Thursday, the Forest Park and Owings Mills benches cleared. The rest of the game was canceled.
Thursday's final game between Edmondson and MATHS also was canceled. Forest Park administrators decided Friday morning to cancel the rest of the tournament.
- No. 4 City boys basketball closes out Wilson (D.C.) for 76-69 win in Spark in the Park
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- The Baltimore Sun's 2014 Varsity fall preview
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
See more photos »
Forest Park coach Greate White said his school's administrators are reviewing a tape of the game to determine whether any suspensions should take place. Adminstrators are also looking into the conduct of adult coaches during the fray.
In the tournament opener, City defeated Washington D.C.'s Woodrow Wilson, 76-69.