By Katherine Dunn
8:24 PM EST, November 10, 2012
Only two of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 teams did not advance in their playoff games this weekend, No. 4 Arundel and No. 11 South River.
No. 13 Meade’s upset of the previously unbeaten Wildcats set up a Friday night meeting with defending state champ and No. 9 Old Mill, which avenged last weekend’s loss to the Seahawks.
With Arundel’s loss, only three Top 15 teams remain undefeated. Here’s a look at all the Top 15 results from this weekend of playoff semifinals.
Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Latest result/Next opponent/
1. Gilman/8-2/Def. McDonogh 20-8/Vs. Calvert Hall at Towson, Sat.
2. Calvert Hall/8-2/Def. Mount St. Joseph 34-11/Vs. Gilman at Towson, Sat.
3. River Hill/11-0/Def. Mount Hebron 48-13/Vs. Atholton, Fri.
4. Arundel/10-1/Lost to Meade 36-28/Season over.
5. Westminster/11-0/Def. Blake 51-7/Vs. Sherwood, Fri.
6. Franklin/10-1/Def. Hereford 38-22/Vs. Milford Mill/North Harford, Fri.
7. Dunbar/10-1/Def. Forestville 51-0/Vs. Forest Park, Fri.
8. St. Paul’s/10-0/Def. Archbishop Curley 32-7/Vs. John Carroll at Towson, Sat.
9. Old Mill/9-2/Def. South River 21-7/Vs. Meade, Fri.
10. Atholton/10-1/Def. Reservoir 21-20 OT/At River Hill, Fri.
11. South River/8-3/Lost to Old Mill 21-7/Season over.
12. Edmondson/10-1/Def. Douglass 14-10/Vs. Dundalk
13. Meade/9-2/Def. Arundel 36-28/At Old Mill, Fri.
14. Milford Mill/10-1/Def North Harford 47-30/At Franklin, Fri.
15. Broadneck/7-3/Idle./Season over.
Copyright © 2013, The Baltimore Sun