Week Nine of the high school football season ended with only one of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 teams losing, but No. 10 Archbishop Spalding fell to someone ranked ahead of it, No. 2 Calvert Hall. Only one other game was close – No. 12 Broadneck’s 31-28 win over Southern on Adam Greene’s 25-yard field goal with four seconds left. Here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared this week. Check out the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Latest result/Next opponent/
1. Gilman/7-2/Def. McDonogh 48-12/Vs. TBA, MIAA A Conference semifinals, Nov. 10
2. Calvert Hall/7-2/Def. Archbishop Spalding 27-7/Vs. TBA, MIAA A Conference semifinals, Nov. 10
3. River Hill/9-0/Def. Wilde Lake 37-0/At Howard, Fri.
4. Arundel/9-0/Def. Chesapeake-AA 55-20/Vs. Southern, Fri.
5. Westminster/9-0/Def. Leonardtown 56-7/Vs. South Carroll, Fri.
6. Old Mill/8-1/Def. Glen Burnie 38-6/Vs. South River, Fri.
7. Franklin/8-1/Def. Perry Hall 43-20/At Woodlawn, Fri.
8. Dunbar/8-1/Def. Carver 64-0/Vs. Patterson at Poly, Fri
9. St. Paul’s/8-0/Def. St. Mary’s 38-14/At Boys’ Latin, Fri.
10. Archbishop Spalding/5-4/Lost to Calvert Hall 27-7/Vs. Mount St. Joseph, Sat.
11. Atholton/8-1/Def. Marriotts Ridge 35-0/Vs. Glenelg, Fri.
12. Broadneck/7-2/Def. Southern 31-28/At Meade, Fri.
13. Edmondson/8-1/Def. Patterson 28-7/Vs. Digital Harbor, Fri.
14. Milford Mill/8-1/Def. Towson 42-0/Vs. Eastern Tech, Sat.
15. South River/7-2/Def. North County 62-19/At Old Mill, Fri.