In Week 5 high school football action, all seven undefeated teams stayed that way.
No. 1 Gilman made a statement in its MIAA A Conference opener, and Hereford scored the biggest upset of the week after No. 9 Catonsville lost running back DeAndre’ Lane to a hamstring injury in the second quarter.
Here’s a look at how all of the Top 15 teams fared as we reach the midpoint of the regular season. Look for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/Latest result/Next opponent
1. Gilman/3-2/Def. No. 10 Mount St. Joseph 37-7/At Archbishop Spalding Fri.
2. Calvert Hall/4-1/Idle/At No. 10 Mount St. Joseph, Sat.
3. River Hill/5-0/Def. Glenelg 27-13/Vs. Mount Hebron Fri.
4. Arundel/5-0/Def. North County 53-20/At Old Mill Fri.
5. Westminster/5-0/Def. Liberty 42-5/At F.S. Key Fri.
6. Old Mill/5-0/Def. Meade 28-18/Vs. Arundel Fri.
7. Franklin/4-1/Def. Towson 51-7/Vs. Milford Mill Fri.
8. Dunbar/4-1/Def. Digital Harbor 36-0/Vs. Edmondson at Poly Fri.
9. Catonsville/3-2/Lost to Hereford 56-12/At Eastern Tech Fri.
10. Mount St. Joseph/3-2/Lost to No. 1 Gilman 37-7/Vs. Calvert Hall Sat.
11. Mount Hebron/5-0/Def. Oakland Mills 29-0/At River Hill Fri.
12. Broadneck/4-1/Def. Severna Park 19-0/Vs. Annapolis Fri.
13. St. Paul’s/4-0/Def. Archbishop Curley 35-8/At Annapolis Area Christian Fri.
14. Edmondson/5-0/Def. Southwestern 42-0/Vs. Dunbar at Poly Fri.
15. South River/3-2/Def. Annapolis 34-13/Vs. Severna Park Fri.