The girls basketball playoffs reach the sectional finals Thursday night with some of the area's top girls teams in action.
Among the matchups is No. 7 City at No. 2 Poly in Class 3A East. The two will meet for the third time this season with Poly winning the first two games, including the Baltimore City Division I championship.
Defending Class 3A champ Aberdeen hosts Bel Air in Class 3A North while No. 4 Milford Mill hosts Westminster.
- City-Poly rivalry no problem for opposing best friends
- Smith ready to lead No. 4 Poly girls against No. 7 City, once more
- The Baltimore Sun's 2014 Spring All-Metro
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
The Class 2A North Section I final features a rematch of last year's state Class 1A championship with defending champ Western Tech hosting Dunbar.
No. 14 South River travels to defending Class 4A champ North Point in the East region.
Here is the schedule for the local teams. For the complete brackets, go to the MPSSAA web site.
Class 4A North
Perry Hall at Catonsville, 6
Paint Branch at Howard, 7
Class 4A East
Arundel at Old Mill, 6
South River at North Point, 6:30
Class 3A North
Westminster at Milford Mill, 7