Only two of The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 football teams have made it to the final weekend of the season as No. 7 Dunbar and No. 9 Milford Mill will play for state championships at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium. St. Frances, the area’s only remaining undefeated team, has one more game late next month as four of the top teams in their states advance to the GEICO State Champions Bowl Series in Phoenix.
For now though, all eyes are on the state finalists.
Here’s how the remaining active teams in the Top 15 fared this weekend and what’s next for those advancing. Check Tuesday to see the new poll on baltimoresun.com or in The Baltimore Sun.
1. St. Frances (12-0) This week: Idle. Next: At GEICO State Champions Bowl Series, Dec. 23
2. Howard (12-1) This week: Lost to Wise, 42-7. Season over
3. Broadneck (11-1) Season over
4. Mount Saint Joseph (6-4) Season over
5. Archbishop Spalding (5-4) Season over
6. McDonogh (6-5) Season over
7. Dunbar (11-1) This week: Def. Havre de Grace, 52-27. Next: Vs. Fort Hill, Sat. at Navy
8. Gilman (5-7) Season over
9. Milford Mill (12-1) This week: Def. Long Reach, 33-6. Next: Vs. Linganore, Thurs. at Navy
10. Calvert Hall (7-5) This week: Def. Loyola Blakefield, 27-6. Season over
11. Meade (8-3) Season over
12. Arundel (8-3) Season over
13. Harford Tech (12-1) This week: Lost to Gwynn Park, 16-9. Season over
14. Westminster (10-2) Season over
15. Old Mill (7-3). Season over