The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 high school football teams finished 11-4 this week, with three teams losing to opponents ranked above them. Calvert Hall, however, suffered an upset at the hands of unranked Gilman. Five teams remain undefeated through six weeks of the regular season.
Here’s a look at how the entire Top 15 fared this weekend. Check in Tuesday to see the new poll on baltimoresun.com or in The Baltimore Sun.
1. St. Frances (6-0) This week: Def. No. 2 McDonogh, 28-0. Next: Vs. Gilman, Fri.
2. McDonogh (4-2) This week: Lost to No. 1 St. Frances, 28-0. Next: Vs. Loyola Blakefield, Fri.
3. Archbishop Spalding (3-2) This week: Def. Friendship Collegiate, 24-20. Next: At No. 5 Calvert Hall, Sat.
4. Broadneck (6-0) This week: Def. No. 9 Old Mill, 55-28. Next: Vs. South River, Fri.
5. Calvert Hall (4-3) This week: Lost to Gilman, 35-28. Next: Vs. No. 3 Archbishop Spalding, Sat.
6. Franklin (5-1) This week: Def. Catonsville, 52-7. Next: At Milford Mill, Sat.
7. Howard (6-0) This week: def. No. 15 Long Reach, 20-6. Next: Vs. Caravel (Del.), Fri.
8. Mount Saint Joseph (5-2) This week: def. Loyola, 35-7. Next: Vs. No. 2 McDonogh, Oct. 21.
9. Old Mill (4-2) This week: Lost to No. 4 Broadneck, 55-28. Next: At Chesapeake-AA, Fri.
10. Meade (5-1) This week: Def. Southern, 37-14. Next: Vs. Severna Park, Fri.
11. Dunbar (4-1) This week: Def. Poly, 32-14. Next: Vs. Douglass, Fri.
12. River Hill (5-0) This week: Def. Mount Hebron, 49-7. Next: At Hammond, Sat.
13. Havre de Grace (6-0) This week: Def. Elkton, 39-14; Next: At Fallston, Fri.
14. Mervo (4-2) This week: Def. Patterson, 41-6. Next: Vs. City, Fri.
15. Long Reach (3-2) This week: Lost to No. 7 Howard, 20-6. Next: At Marriotts Ridge, Fri.