The Baltimore Sun’s Top 15 high school football teams went 12-2 in Week 4 and they couldn’t have done any better. Two games featured two ranked teams and one team had a bye.
Here’s a look at how the Top 15 fared over the weekend and what’s coming next. Many teams play next week on Thursday, because Yom Kippur begins at sundown Friday. Most public school games on Friday have mid-afternoon kickoff times.
Check back to see the new poll Monday afternoon on baltimoresun.com and in Tuesday’s Baltimore Sun.
1. St. Frances (4-0) This week: Def. No. 8 Calvert Hall, 28-7. Next: At Loyola Blakefield, Fri.
2. McDonogh (3-1) This week: Def. Malvern Prep (Pa.), 27-9. Next: At No. 4 Archbishop Spalding, Fri.
3. Mount Saint Joseph (4-1). This week: Def. Gilman, 28-25. Next: At No. 8 Calvert Hall, Fri.
4. Archbishop Spalding (2-1) This week: Def. Loyola Blakefield, 49-7. Next: Vs. No. 2 McDonogh, Fri.
5. Broadneck (4-0) This week: Def. No. 12 Arundel, 45-9. Next: Vs. Northeast, Thurs.
6. Franklin (3-1) This week: Def. Kenwood, 40-0. Next: At Dundalk, Thurs.
7. Howard (4-0) This week: Def. Reservoir, 28-6. Next: Vs. Wilde Lake, Thurs.
8. Calvert Hall (3-2) This week: Lost to No. 1 St. Frances, 28-7. Next: Vs. No. 3 Mount Saint Joseph, Fri.
9. Old Mill (3-1) This week: Def. Severna Park, 23-6. Next: Vs. North County, Thurs.
10. Mervo (3-1) This week: Lost to No. 15 Dunbar, 38-13. Next: At Taft (Ohio), Sat.
11. Meade (3-1) This week: Def. North County, 29-14. Next: At Annapolis, Thurs.
12. Arundel (2-2) This week: Lost to No. 4 Broadneck, 45-9. Next: At Glen Burnie, Thurs.
13. Milford Mill (3-1) This week: Def. Perry Hall, 49-42. Next: Vs. Parkville, Thurs.
14. Long Reach (2-1) This week: Idle. Next: At River Hill, Thurs.
15. Dunbar (2-1) This week: Def. No. 10 Mervo, 38-13. Next: At Poly, Oct. 6