Broadneck, linebacker, senior
* The 6-2, 215-pound weak-side linebacker led team in tackles for third straight season
* Had 104 tackles, 20 tackles for a loss, 3.5 sacks, three caused fumbles
* Has 291 career tackles, believed to be a school record
* Bruins coach Rob Harris: "He's just always, always, always around the ball."
* Playing in the Baltimore Touchdown Club All-Star Game, interest from FCS programs, including Eastern Kentucky, Stetson
St. Paul's, linebacker, senior
* Intense 5-11, 200-pound leader for Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association B Conference champs
* Led team in tackles for a second season with 120; forced five fumbles, recovered two; had two interceptions, blocked two punts
* Ran 109 times for 507 yards and 10 touchdowns
* Crusaders coach Paul Bernstorf: "He really understands the game, anticipates what's going to happen and goes flying after it."
* Playing in the Crab Bowl; will play baseball at Bucknell
Old Mill, defensive back, senior
* Repeat first-team selection excelled as a 5-10, 170-pound safety but impacted all phases of game
* Had 58 tackles (35 solo) and two forced fumbles
* Also ran 151 times for 1,102 yards, 14 touchdowns; returned five kicks for 168 yards, one touchdown
* Patriots coach Chad McCormick: "The ball was rarely thrown to the middle because of his presence and big-play ability."
* Committed to play football at Fordham
Edmondson, defensive back, junior
* In his first season of high school football, the 5-10, 165 pound cornerback emerged as a shut-down defender
* Had 52 tackles, six interceptions, seven pass breakups
* Scored both touchdowns in 14-0 win over Dunbar on a 70-yard fumble recovery and 50-yard interception return
* Scored 16 touchdowns; seven rushing, four receiving, three on returns and two on defense
* Red Storm coach Corey Johnson: "He wants to guard their best guy, and that's something you want to see in a player. He embraces that challenge."
Annapolis Area Christian, defensive back, senior
* Versatile 6-2, 210-pound safety was an MIAA A Conference talent in C Conference
* Had 105 tackles, two sacks, three fumble recoveries and four interceptions
* Doubled as wide receiver and had 21 catches for 416 yards and 4 touchdowns
* Eagles coach Ken Lucas: "He's a linebacker-type safety who's very aggressive and more than able to make plays on the ground as well as in the air."
* Playing in U.S. Army All-American Bowl, Crab Bowl and Team USA International Bowl; considering offers from Syracuse, Marshall, Old Dominion
McDonogh, defensive back, senior
* Athletic 6-2, 180-pound ballhawk forced opponents to throw away from him
* At safety, had 35 tackles, four interceptions; at wide receiver made 35 catches for 800 yards, 10 touchdowns
* Had an interception and a touchdown catch in 37-6 win over Gilman
* Eagles coach Dom Damico: "He plays like he's about 6-6 because of his wing span ... with his ability to play the ball at its highest point."
* Selected for Baltimore Touchdow Club All-Star Game, committed to Maryland
Meade, defensive end, senior
* At 6-5, 245 pounds, a crucial element in two-straight state semifinal appearances
* Excellent pass rusher with explosive burst and great hand placement
* Had 78 tackles, 8.5 sacks, 10 deflected passes; blocked two field goals
* Meade Coach Rich Holzer: "Niquekko is a prototypical DE in a pro scheme defense."
* Playing in the NUC All-American Game in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Offers from Towson and Old Dominion
Gilman, defensive end, senior
* Repeat first-team player opened season with 15 tackles against Good Counsel
* Physical 6-3, 225-pound defender who can come off edge, blitz or drop into pass coverage as outside linebacker
* Had 85 tackles, 16 for a loss, nine sacks and two forced fumbles
* Greyhounds coach Biff Poggi: "He's a very disruptive, high-energy player that you've got to mark where he is on the field all the time."
* Playing in the Under Armour All-America Bowl, offers from Miami, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech, Penn State
Broadneck, defensive line, senior
* The 6-2, 285-pound nose tackle regularly fought off double teams, sometimes triple teams
* 63 tackles, 17 tackles for a loss and seven sacks; 135 career tackles
* Also caused, recovered and returned one fumble for a touchdown
* Bruins coach Rob Harris: "He's got to get double teamed on every play. If not, he's going to destroy the play."
* Playing in the Baltimore Touchdown Club All-Star Game, Crab Bowl; interest from Towson, Monmouth, Albany among others
Gilman, defensive line, sophomore
* A 6-1, 255-pound defensive tackle with nonstop motor
* Tough to block with combination of quickness off the ball, use of hands, physical play
* Had 50 tackles, 11 sacks, one forced fumble
* Greyhounds coach Biff Poggi: "You have to double team him in the passing game and you'd better combo block him in the run game, and he's still going to make plays."
* Second-year starter, offers from Georgia Tech, Clemson, North Carolina
Boys' Latin, punter, sophomore
* Second-year starter grossed an average of 44.7 yards on 30 punts with 36.5-yard net
* Put 11 punts inside 20-yard line; also a place kicker
* Kicked a 62-yard punt in the air against St. Paul's, averaged 51 yards per punt vs. Kiski (Pa.)
* Lakers coach Ritchie Schell: "He's so good we're going to have to change our coverage. Sometimes, he out-kicks our coverage."
* Father Kirk Maggio kicked at UCLA. Interest from Maryland, Florida, Nebraska and Princeton, among othersCopyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun