Another year, another Class 3A-2A state title for King, who has taken a successful program to a record-breaking level with five state championships in his five years as coach.
- 2013 Spring All-Metro teams [Pictures]
- Boys Lacrosse Player of the Year: Ryan Drenner, Westminster, senior, attackman
- 2013 All-Metro first team for boys lacrosse
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
See more photos »
The No. 5 Bulls (19-2) have won a state-record six straight titles, and they established another state record this season with their ninth overall.
King works closely with Hereford's recreation league program and junior varsity, and by the time players reach the varsity, they already understand Hereford's system and have a strong dedication to the program.
This season, King challenged his team with a difficult nonconference schedule that included three games against Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association A Conference powers. The Bulls upset Gilman, 7-6, and held St.Paul's and eventual league champion Loyola to eight goals each in losses.
The schedule prepared Hereford for another dominant season in Baltimore County, where the Bulls have won five straight championships, and beyond, including a comfortable 13-3 win over Glenelg for the state title.