Wagner played a huge role on both sides of the ball in helping No. 3 Old Mill (14-0) to a 36-35 overtime victory over Quince Orchard in Friday's Class 4A state championship. The 5-foot-7, 158-pound slot receiver and cornerback scored two touchdowns — one on a 64-yard pass reception and another on a fumble recovery. He had six catches for 138 yards and also had nine tackles and one interception. Wagner finished the season with nine interceptions and 56 tackles as well as 35 receptions for 747 yards and 10 touchdowns. He has drawn interest from several college programs, including Maryland and William & Mary.
Others considered: William Crest, Dunbar, football; Jarred Jones, John Carroll, basketball; Randall Lawson, River Hill, football; Kayel Locke, McDonogh, basketball; Deonte Shields, Old Mill, football.
Boys Athlete of the Week: Torie Wagner, Old Mill, football
- Athletes of the Week: 2011-12
- Varsity Letters: Your guide to local high school sports
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
- February-March [Pictures]
- 2013 Maryland high school football [Pictures]
See more photos »
Old Mill High School, Millersville, MD 21108, USA