Forward Kani Coles scored six of his team-high 14 points in the fourth quarter to lead No. 4 Edmondson past Eleanor Roosevelt, 46-40, in boys basketball in a battle of defending state champions on Saturday
The Red Storm captured the Class 2A state crown last season, and the Raiders from Prince George's County are defending Class 4A champs.
Potomac 56, No. 9 Lake Clifton 45: The Lakers jumped out to an early lead, but the Wolverines' superior size took control in the second half. Lake Clifton senior guard Elijah Kess scored a team-high 14 points.
- No. 1 City boys outpace No. 2 Milford Mill in Basketball Academy finale
- No. 2 Poly girls basketball knocks off unbeaten No. 4 Milford Mill at the Basketball Academy, 66-56
- December-January [Pictures]
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
No. 10 Poly 54, John F. Kennedy (N.Y.) 49: Senior guard John Crosby scored a game-high 25 points and added six rebounds, five assists and four steals to lead the Engineers to the win.
No. 11 Randallstown 58, Aberdeen 42: Jerell Cooke scored 28 points and Jeremy Robinson had 10 as the Rams pulled away in the second half.
Leading 26-24 at the half, Randallstown outscored the Eagles 20-10 in the third quarter to take charge. The Rams went 2-0 at the Basketball Academy, upsetting No. 5 Patterson in their opener Thursday.
Riverdale Baptist 73 , No. 12 Dunbar 40: The Poets had a difficult time staying with the Washington area's No. 1-ranked team, falling behind early and never recovering.
Keyshawn Hampton had nine points to lead Dunbar