Week Five featured some of the most lopsided results of the season, with The Baltimore Sun’s Top 10 football teams winning by an average of 31.3 points.
Only one game involving Top 15 teams was decided by fewer than 15 points – No. 13 Archbishop Spalding’s 35-34 win over No. 12 St. Frances.
Here’s a look at how The Top 15 fared. Check for the new rankings in Tuesday’s paper.
Ranking/Team/Record/This week’s result/Next week
1. Gilman/3-2/Def. Mount St. Joseph 42-6/At Loyola, Saturday
2. River Hill/5-0/Def. Mount Hebron 42-8/At Wilde Lake, Friday
3. Old Mill/5-0/Def. Annapolis 33-7/At Northeast, Friday
4. McDonogh/7-0/Def. Calvert Hall 48-13/Vs. St. Frances at Utz Field, Saturday
5. Meade/4-1/Def. Chesapeake 30-0/At Southern, Friday
6. Dunbar/4-1/Def. Maritime Academy 51-0/At City, Friday
7. St. Paul’s/5-0/Def. John Carroll 34-7/At Archbishop Curley, Saturday
8. Milford Mill/4-1/Def. Kenwood 39-20/At Catonsville, Friday
9. Archbishop Curley/6-0/Def. Chesapeake-BC 28-0/Vs. St. Paul’s, Saturday
10. Arundel/4-1/Def. Northeast 42-6/Vs. Annapolis, Friday
11. Glenelg/4-1/Def. Howard 35-20/At Oakland Mills, Friday
12. St. Frances/3-4/Lost to Archbishop Spalding 35-34/Vs. McDonogh at Utz Field, Saturday
13. Archbishop Spalding/5-1/Def. St. Frances 35-34/At Mount St. Joseph, Saturday
14. Perry Hall/4-1/Def. Catonsville 45-7/At Woodlawn, Friday
15. Calvert Hall/2-5/Lost to McDonogh 48-13/Vs. Mount St. Joseph, Oct. 18