The Vikings boys won the Class 3A state championship at Morgan State last month, the first outdoor track and field team title in school history.
- 2013 Spring All-Metro teams [Pictures]
- 2013 Boys Track and Field Performer of the Year: Vince Ciattei, Perry Hall, senior
- 2013 All-Metro first team for boys track and field
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
- National Signing Day ceremonies [Pictures]
See more photos »
Under Carter and coaches Leigh Langmead and Paul Ulrich, No. 3 Mount Hebron edged No. 4 Hereford, 58-55, at the meet. The Vikings had won the Howard County and East regional meets earlier in the spring.
Carter, the All-Metro Performer of the Year and Maryland Gatorade Player of the Year for girls track and field as a senior at Long Reach in 2000, helped the Mount Hebron boys come together this spring. They finished third at the Class 3A indoor track state title meet in the winter, five points behind Digital Harbor and one behind Hereford.
Carter took pride in how the Vikings bonded and worked hard to come through at the right times.
“They really meshed together as a team,” she said. “They were really one big unit, all friends across the board. That helped a lot.”