Boys Soccer Coach of the Year: Kevin Flynn, Marriotts Ridge
Boys Soccer Coach of the Year: Kevin Flynn, Marriotts Ridge (Gene Sweeney Jr., Baltimore Sun / December 3, 2012)
- Boys Soccer Player of the Year: Michael DeGraffenreidt, Loyola, defender, senior
- All-Metro first team for boys soccer
- All-Metro second team for boys soccer
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Flynn led the Mustangs to their fourth consecutive Class 2A state championship, joining Pocomoke, River Hill and Wilde Lake as the only boys soccer programs in Maryland history to win four straight titles.
Marriotts Ridge dominated Queen Anne's, 4-0, last month at UMBC Stadium to win this year's title. The Mustangs finished the season with a 17-0 record, extending their unbeaten streak to 24 games.
"Every state title is hard, you don't take any of them for granted," Flynn said.
The Mustangs only allowed nine goals this season and did not allow a shot in the championship game until midway through the first half.
Marriotts Ridge and Wilde Lake are the only programs to win the four titles outright. River Hill was co-champions with Towson in 2003, and Pocomoke shared the title with Sparrows Point in 2006.