Starter returning from the three Baltimore City teams -- Dunbar, Lake Clifton and Patterson -- who won state titles last year. Lake Clifton guard Daquan Ross is the only player back who started in the championship game for any of the three teams.
- Backcourt competition breeds success for No. 1 Mount St. Joseph
- 2012-13 boys basketball players to watch
- The Baltimore Sun's Top 15 boys basketball preseason poll [Pictures]
- High school sports in August-September 2014 [Pictures]
- High school sports championships [Pictures]
- National Signing Day 2014 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Area teams to win 30 or more games in back-to-back seasons. John Carroll was the latest to accomplish the feat last season when they won 30 games after winning 33 in 2010-11. Dunbar (1982-83, 1983-84), St. Frances (1995-96, 1996-97) and Mount St. Joseph (2004-05, 2005-06) were the first three.
Points needed by South Carroll senior Gavin McTavish to surpass his brother and former teammate Ryan's mark of 1,504 to become Carroll County's all-time leading scorer. Gavin, who comes into the season with 978 career points, finished with 492 last season.