The Sea Gulls scored the only goal of the third quarter before the Generals scored twice in the fourth quarter to trail 6-4. Brady Dashiell scored with 2:30 left to give Salisbury a three-goal cushion they would not relinquish.
Salisbury will play Wednesday against Dickinson, which beat Adrian, 20-7.
- No. 4 Stevenson claims 17-13 win over No. 11 Washington College
- Terps confident their defense can contain Cornell's Rob Pannell
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2013 season
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: May [pictures]
See more photos »
Salisbury 17, Christopher Newport 5: The host Sea Gulls (20-0) dominated the first half and used a 12-3 halftime lead to beat the Captains (18-3) in the second round of the NCAA tournament.
Salisbury scored six unanswered goals to start the game.
Lauren Feusahrens scored five goals and Maggie Roundy added four to lead the Sea Gulls, who will play at 1 p.m. today against Franklin & Marshall, which defeated York, 10-9.
Christopher Newport won its first postseason victory in program history on Wednesday but could not advance further as the Captains were outshot 33-11.
McDaniel 19, Morrisville State 4: The Green Terror (11-8) routed the visiting Mustangs (10-8) in the semifinals of the ECAC Mid-Atlantic tournament.
McDaniel will play top-seeded Lebanon Valley (12-5) today at 2 p.m.
After leading by one early in the first half, McDaniel scored 13 unanswered goals to take a 15-2 halftime lead.