No. 7 Massachusetts (2-0) @ No. 10 Ohio State (3-0)
Saturday, 1 p.m.
- Lacrosse Q&A: Maryland senior goalie Brittany Dipper
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 NCAA Lacrosse Final Four coverage
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
See more photos »
Outlook: Two emerging programs battle in a nonconference matchup that could go a long way to enhancing one school's bid for an at-large berth in the NCAA tournament. Junior attackman Will Manny (10 goals and six assists in 2012) paces a Minutemen offense that is averaging 11.5 goals. Can that unit solve a Buckeyes defense that is surrendering just 7.7 goals despite the absence of redshirt senior defenseman Matt Kawamoto — last year's Defensive Player of the Year in the Eastern College Athletic Conference — and sophomore goalkeeper Greg Dutton?
Saturday, 2 p.m.
Outlook: The Terrapins aim for their 15th win in 24 meetings with their Atlantic Coast Conference rivals. Maryland averages 18.7 goals and allows just six, but the Terps have yet to play a Top 10 team. Their balanced offense will be tough to stop, and a rebuilding defense will be matched against a young Duke offense that has averaged 14 goals but managed just five each in losses to No. 1 Northwestern (13-5) and No. 10 Vanderbilt (7-5), which was unranked before beating Duke.