No. 8 Maryland (8-3) vs. No. 7 North Carolina (9-4)
- Week ahead for state men's college lacrosse teams
- Q&A with Loyola attackman Chris Palmer
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
See more photos »
This Atlantic Coast Conference tournament semifinal is a rematch from March 26, when the Tar Heels rebounded from a four-goal deficit to coast to an 11-6 victory. Terps senior defenseman Brett Schmidt has shut out North Carolina senior attackman Billy Bitter in their past two meetings. Tar Heels attackman Nicky Galasso has already set a school record for points by a freshman with 51.
Lehigh (9-6) at Navy (12-4)
Saturday, 3 p.m.
The Midshipmen can clinch at least a share of the Patriot League regular-season title and win the right to host next week's tournament if they can get by the Mountain Hawks. Both are tied with Colgate at 4-1 in the conference, but Navy already has beaten Colgate. Last spring, Navy won the tournament title over Lehigh and advanced to its first NCAA tournament.
Edward Lee and Katherine Dunn