No. 5 Duke (13-5) vs. No. 4 Notre Dame (11-2)
- College lacrosse men's and women's players of the week
- Q&A with Denver attackman Mark Matthews
- 2014 Federation of International Lacrosse World Championships [Pictures]
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: Previewing the NCAA semifinals
See more photos »
In the span of less than a full calendar year, these two non-conference foes meet for the third time. Notre Dame won in the regular season, 11-7, on Feb. 25, but Duke got the more significant victory — a 6-5 decision in last year's NCAA tournament championship final. Seven Blue Devils — led by senior attackman Zach Howell's 41 goals and 16 assists — have registered at least 20 points this season. But can they pierce a Fighting Irish defense that finished the regular season ranked second after surrendering just 6.58 goals per game?
No. 12 (12-6) Princeton at No. 1 Maryland (19-1)
With 47 tournament appearances and 13 titles between them, the two meet in the NCAA tournament for the first time since the Tigers knocked Maryland out in the first round six years ago. The defending national champion Terrapins lead the series 24-7.