• Syracuse attackman Tim Desko will be out for another week as he continues to recover from a knee injury that got infected. Desko last played in Syracuse's 7-5 win against Princeton on April 9.
• Maryland's Karri Ellen Johnson will likely be out this weekend for the Terps' first-round game against Navy. Johnson has missed a significant amount of time this season with a concussion. Maryland is hopeful to have her back should they advance to the quarterfinals. Brandi Jones, who also suffered a concussion, had testing this week and is still questionable for Saturday.
• Villanova midfielder Kevin Cunningham could potentially be available for this weekend's matchup against Denver.
"We think he's going to be ready," Villanova coach Mike Corrado said. "He has a little bit of a hamstring problem. He's gotten better the last week or so and is at about three-quarters speed right now. We anticipate that he'll be a full go on Sunday and if not, we'll make that adjustment, but obviously we hope he can be ready for us.
• The status of Denver attackman Todd Baxter is still unknown and will likely be made closer to gameday. Baxter rolled his ankle in the ECAC Championship game. .
Pioneers midfielder Andrew Lay, who suffered a jaw injury and missed three games prior to the ECAC tournament, said: "My jaw is doing better. I am always in higher spirits when I am not on a liquid diet."
• The growth of lacrosse out West is making for strange bedfellows. Villanova and Penn are sharing a chartered flight today. The plane will drop Penn off in South Bend, Ind., for their first-round game against Notre Dame and then continue on to Denver, where the Wildcats have a matchup with the Pioneers.