Michael LaMonica, who served as a volunteer assistant coach in 2012 for the Towson University women's lacrosse team, has been hired as a full-time assistant coach.
“In his full-time role he will continue to bring new strategies to our game and skills for our players," said Nance Reed, senior associate director of athletics We feel he was the perfect fit for our program at a time when women’s lacrosse is evolving to be more similar to the men’s game.”
LaMonica was a four-year starter at midfield at Maryland from 1999 to 2002 and worked as a volunteer assistant for the Mount St. Mary's women in 2010.
- NCAA D-I women's tournament to be 26 teams starting in 2013
- Pictures: Women's college lacrosse 2012
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2013 season
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: May [pictures]
See more photos »
He also served as the offensive coordinator at Calvert Hall from 2003 to 2011.