A few months after being the leading scorer on Gilman's JV championship squad, rising sophomore attackman Andy Matthews (Gilman) has orally committed to North Carolina.
A left-hander, Matthews also played JV football and varsity soccer. A member of Maryland Lacrosse Club, he made stops at Baltimore Summer Kickoff and Maryland and Princeton team camps. Matthews also considered Duke, Johns Hopkins, Maryland, Penn State and Ohio State.
- Recruiting notes: Loyola, Towson men each add pair of transfers
- Recruiting notes: Hereford G Turnbaugh orally commits to Hopkins
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich: History says these teams are the contenders
- Quint Kessenich's college lacrosse stock watch
See more photos »
- Rising junior midfielder Cole Robertson (St. Mary's) has orally committed to Towson. He played varsity this spring, finishing with 14 goals and four assists. He also played club for the Annapolis Hawks 2014 team and participated in the Crab City Challenge, Baltimore Summer Kickoff (All-Star honors), Brine Shootout session 1 and 2, and Top 205. He also considered UMBC and Denver.
- Rising senior attackman Matt McGloin of JSerra Catholic High in San Juan Capistrano, Calif., has orally committed to Mount St. Mary's. He is a four-year starter, posting 66 goals and 54 assists last season and receiving first-team all-league honors. McGloin also played at the Sonoma Shootout, Chicago Cup and Gait Cup (All-Star honors). He also considered St. Johns, Hobart and Salisbury.