Cornell attackman Rob Pannell sustained a broken bone in his left foot and left during the third quarter against Army on Saturday. He won't play against Canisius tonight, sources close to the situation said.
Pannell had surgery Monday to repair the damage and, while a timeline for his return has yet to be clarified, this type of repair typically sidelines athletes for at least six weeks, a source said. Perhaps most significantly, Pannell will not be lost for the season, contrary to widespread rumors.
Cornell officials declined to comment citing a university policy not to disclose injuries to the media.
For the rest of the story at Inside Lacrosse click here.
Inside Lacrosse: Cornell's Pannell has broken bone in foot
Star attackman will miss tonight's game, this weekend's Face-Off Classic
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2013 season
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: May [pictures]
- 2013 women's college lacrosse: Feb.-April [Pictures]
- Quint Kessenich's Top 25 men's college lacrosse players
See more photos »