The senior fullback was not at practice and missed part of Tuesday's practice. Niumatalolo would not disclose the reasons that Teich was absent, but made it clear that it was not because of an injury.
- Navy football: 2011 season
- Along with his Navy teammates, Teague tries to move on
- Mountain West and Big 12 back controversial call against Navy's Proctor
- 2013 Navy football [Pictures]
- 114th Army-Navy football game [Pictures]
- Navy football uniforms for Army-Navy 2013 [Pictures]
See more photos »
Naval Academy, Annapolis, MD, USA
Asked if there had been prior issues that led to Teich not practicing, "I don't want to get much into it. It's kind of a family, inner-circle deal. I don't want to air the dirty laundry because the kid has been an important part of our program."
Niumatalolo said that "it's not a felony or anything like that."
Teich is currently Navy's leading rusher, averaging 102 yards a game. He had a season-high 149 yards on 35 carries in 35-34 overtime loss to Air Force Saturday.
Niumatalolo said that little-used senior Delvin Diggs will start in place of Teich.
After starting the season 2-0, Navy lost at then No. 10 South Carolina, 24-21, and will be trying to avoid its first three-game losing streak since 2002 when it plays Southern Miss (4-1) at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium.