No. 8 Virginia (8-3) at No. 5 Duke (9-4)
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich's 2014 college lacrosse storylines: A primer from A to Z
- Looking at the top college men's lacrosse teams for 2014
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
See more photos »
The host Blue Devils (2-0 in the Atlantic Coast Conference) are in position to grab the No. 1 seed in the ACC tournament if they can beat the Cavaliers (1-1). Duke senior attackman Zach Howell is tied with Army sophomore attackman Garrett Thul for the Division I lead in goals with 30. Virginia senior goalie Adam Ghitelman is tied with Cornell's Matt McMonagle for fifth in Division I history in career wins with 45.
No. 6 North Carolina (10-3, 3-1 ACC) at No. 4 Duke (11-2, 3-1 ACC)
One of the top rivalries in college sports returns to the lacrosse field, with the winner clinching second place in the Atlantic Coast Conference and a first-round bye in the upcoming ACC tournament. North Carolina has won four of the past five meetings, including a 14-4 win in last year's ACC semifinals in College Park. Duke, however, has won 11 straight at home dating to last year. Both teams lost to top-ranked Maryland on the road earlier this year, with the Blue Devils falling 18-11 in February and the Tar Heels dropping a 12-9 decision last weekend.