• Former Calvert Hall player and current Boston Cannon Kevin Buchanan has signed a multi-year endorsement deal with Brine. "Brine is an iconic brand within the lacrosse industry," Buchanan said.
• Add Penn coach Mike Murphy to the list of those would like to see the Ivy League tournament continue. The tournament is in the second year of a two-year trial run. A vote whether to continue the tournament is expected this summer. "It's great in every possible way for everybody involved," Murphy said. The Quakers (8-5) enter the tournament without freshman defenseman Maxx Meyer, one of IL's top 100 incoming recruits. Meyer (23 caused turnovers) is out for the year with a broken leg, Murphy said.
• Virginia (9-5) clearly made changes to its offense following the dismissal of two-time first-team All-American midfielder Shamel Bratton and the indefinite suspension of his twin brother, Rhamel Bratton. Shamel's dismissal was announced in a statement from the university. But the defense also has made changes. Senior Bray Malphrus moved to close defense from longstick middie, and primarily guarded Penn senior Al Kohart in the Cavalers' 11-2 win last weekend. Kohart entered leading the team in goals but finished 0-for-7 Saturday. Malphrus also led the way when the Cavaliers used a zone defense. He has moved to the interior of the zone, where his communication is vital. His spot as a long-stick midfielder was taken by redshirt junior Chris Clements; Clements finished with a team-high seven ground balls.
• Two MIAA teams are in the top five of the Under Armour/Inside Lacrosse Power Rankings: McDonogh is No. 3 after beating Loyola and St. Paul's, while Calvert Hall is at No. 5 for wins over Archbishop Spalding and Severn. St. Paul's is at No. 19 in the rankings.
Inside Lacrosse: Across the nation
- 2014 local men's college lacrosse [Pictures]
- National lacrosse Players of the Week 2014 season
- Quint Kessenich's 2014 college lacrosse storylines: A primer from A to Z
- Looking at the top college men's lacrosse teams for 2014
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: April-May [Pictures]
- 2013 men's college lacrosse: Feb.-March [Pictures]
See more photos »