Trainer Graham Motion couldn't keep the delight from his voice as he talked about getting Animal Kingdom and Toby's Corner back onto the racetrack. Both have recovered from injuries that sidelined them for the second half of their 3-year-old seasons.
- 2013 Preakness Stakes [Pictures]
- Preakness infield party scene [Pictures]
- Preakness Day betting tips by Liam Durbin
- Views of the 2013 Preakness infield [Pictures]
- Road to the 2013 Preakness [Pictures]
- 2013 Preakness field [Pictures]
See more photos »
Fair Hill Training Center Inc, 146 Lewisville Rd, Elkton, MD 21921, USA
Animal Kingdom had surgery to repair a slab fracture in his left hind leg after being bumped, clipping heels and stumbling at the start of the Belmont Stakes.
And Toby's Corner, the Wood Memorial winner, who could have been the Derby favorite, was sidelined the week before the race with a mysterious left hind leg issue that has never been diagnosed.
"They're both back in training," Motion said. "Both horses are doing very well and I'm hoping they both have big 4-year-old seasons."