Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Gary Williams passed legendary coach John Wooden in the all-time win column as Maryland routed Longwood on Wednesday. ... Maryland will honor Greivis Vasquez on Feb. 20, presumably by sending his No. 21 jersey to the rafters at Comcast Center. ... Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis has confirmed that he will return in 2011. ... The Ravens will pay a steep price if they tag Haloti Ngata.
Hitting the links:
1. Kevin Cowherd: An 18-game NFL season just doesn't add up [Baltimore Sun]
2. Eric DeCosta thinks the Ravens need "young blood" on the offensive line [Ravens.com]
3. John Clayton lists the Ravens as one of his early favorites for 2011 [ESPN]
4. Third place is achievable for the Orioles [Baltimore Sports Report]
5. The Orioles have a lineup to compete [CSN Baltimore]
6. Looking at Vlad Guerrero's whiff rate [Camden Depot]
7. The Orioles are taking the necessary steps to compete [ESPN]
8. Yet another word on Vlad [Camden Chat]
9. The importance of .500 [The Loss Column]
10. Five things to watch during spring training [Dempsey's Army]
11. Justus Pickett could be "a gem" for the Terps [Recruiting Report]
12. Are more shutouts ahead for the Capitals? [Capitals Insider]
You said it:
"Flacco is not the fastest learner of all time, but he does learn, and he improves every year. He'll likely not be a Hall of Fame quarterback, but he'll be a darn good one. And unless Tom Brady goes back to Michigan or John Unitas re-enrolls at Louisville, we won't be finding any replacements for Joe in the lower draft rounds. What we need are better schemes, not a better quarterback." -- reader Fanger sticks up for Joe Flacco in this post about the Ravens potentially drafting a quarterback
You tell me:
Does Maryland basketball coach Gary Williams deserve to go into the Hall of Fame?
Video of the morning:
I'd like to do this to the people who are still leaving chairs in parking spots in Hampden...
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun