Because doing a full, 32-team list of power rankings is too much work for a Monday afternoon, I will rank the top 11 teams in the NFL after each exciting football Sunday (that's where the "first and 10" comes in). Here's how I rank them after a wild divisional round weekend that knocked out two of the top trophy contenders.
1. New England: The Patriots haven’t lost since Nov. 6, averaging 37.3 points during a nine-game win streak.
3. Baltimore: The Ravens need a complete football game in all three phases to beat the Patriots on the road.
4. San Francisco: My apologies to Alex Smith and his supporters. I didn’t know the guy had that in him.
5. Green Bay: Who would have thought that Aaron Rodgers, the league MVP, would be out-dueled by Eli?
6. New Orleans: The Saints defense couldn’t get a stop Saturday when it was needed (but what a fun game).
7. Houston: The Texans, who have a ton of young talent, shouldn’t hang their heads after this trying season.
9. Detroit; 10. Pittsburgh; 11. Atlanta: See my comments in last week’s edition of the power rankings.