Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
On Wednesday, the Rangers embarrassed Jeremy Guthrie and the Orioles, 13-5, to sweep a three-game series in which Texas outscored the Orioles, 30-11. The clubhouse doors were slow to open after the game. ... Orioles rookie Zach Britton will start Friday in Boston, but he may not pitch again for another week afterward. ... A manager at a College Park bar says Maryland football player Justin Lewis punched him in the face after accusing him of "looking at his girl." ... Legendary Colts tight end John Mackey, who died on Wednesday, used to bull his way past the goal line, dragging tacklers on his back. ... Michael Phelps has a secret girlfriend.
Hitting the links:
1. It's time to get serious and release designated hitter Vladimir Guerrero [Camden Chat]
2. Orioles pain by the numbers [Orioles Insider]
3. The Orioles season spins away, so now what? [Loss Column]
4. The Orioles need a bold front office plan [PressBox]
5. Has J.J. Hardy taken the upper hand in contract talks with the Orioles? [MASN]
6. Earl Weaver talks about the Orioles [Patch]
7. Kevin Cowherd: The latest wave of praise for Ray Lewis is well-deserved [Baltimore Sun]
8. Five ways Joe Flacco can silence his critics [ESPN]
9. The secondary has been revealed for Jamison Hensley's All-Ravens team [Ravens Insider]
10. Mike Florio said that Super Bowl XXXV was one of the worst moments in Giants history [Pro Football Talk]
11. Ray Rice should put up big numbers in a contract year, which would be a mixed blessing for the Ravens [ESPN]
12. The Terps got another quarterback [Recruiting Report]You said it:
"I think the O's should trade Hardy if they can get some talent back. Better than overpaying him as a FA." -- @camdencrazies on Twitter wants to dangle the Orioles shortstop as trade bait
Video of the morning:
Here are some funny outtakes from Ray Lewis' Funny or Die shoot for "Field of Dreams 2," which isn't real, unfortunately
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.