Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Haloti Ngata missed practice for a second consecutive day on Thursday. ... Ben Grubbs will be a game-time decision on Sunday night. ... The Ravens are preparing as if Steelers linebackers James Harrison, LaMarr Woodley and James Farrior are playing. ... Joe Flacco said the Ravens offense has looked "like crap" the last two weeks. ... The Ravens say their bolstered pass rush stems from more than just additional blitzes. ... Dan Duquette is one of likely four more candidates to interview for the Orioles' vacant general manager job. ... Alex Len is happy he has been cleared to play hoops at Maryland.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston: The Ravens got their swagger back, and they can thank Terrell Suggs for that [Baltimore Sun]
2. Terrell Suggs talks a good game, but he plays an even better one [Pittsburgh Post-Gazette]
3. Pressuring Big Ben is the key to victory [CSN Baltimore]
4. Which of these two teams has the best defense? [ESPN]
5. John Clatyon says this is the Ali-Frazier of the NFL [ESPN]
6. Joe Flacco is unflappable [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review]
7. How often should the Ravens offense work out of the shotgun? [CSN Baltimore]
8. Mike Tomlin and the Steelers look back on the embarrassing Week 1 loss [Ravens.com]
9. The Ravens and Steelers go to a "dark place" to ignite their fierce rivalry [NFL.com]
10. The Ravens and Steelers are ready for Round 2 [USA Today]
11. Remember when the Steelers accused the Ravens offensive linemen of playing dirty? [ESPN]
12. That whole "Seven Nation Army" thing has worn out its welcome [B-more Birds' Nest]
13. T.J. Houshmandzadeh is eager to put the Ravens in his rearview mirror [NFL.com]
Video of the morning:
The Perry Hall boys soccer team was forced to forfeit a playoff game for doing "The Bernie"
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.