Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens offensive coordinator Cam Cameron said Joe Flacco does have the freedom to call his own plays and make suggestions. ... Ed Reed did not practice on Thursday. ... Lee Evans didn’t sound optimistic about suiting up on Sunday against the Cardinals. ... Maryland guard Pe'Shon Howard broke his foot and will miss two to three months. ... On Friday, the Orioles' GM search committee will interview John Stockstill. ... The St. Louis Cardinals beat the Texas Rangers in 11 innings to force a Game 7 in the World Series.
Hitting the links:
1. Terrence Cody and Haloti Ngata are arguably the best duo the Ravens have ever had on the inside [Baltimore Sun]
2. Joe Flacco is one of five QBs under fire [Sporting News]
3. Matt Ryan and Philip Rivers have struggled, too [ESPN]
4. Mike Preston says the Ravens offense has to perform better against the Cardinals on Sunday [Baltimore Sun]
5. Should the Ravens sign Terrell Owens? [Ebony Bird]
6. Cary Williams is having an unlikely impact with the Ravens [CSN Baltimore]
7. Terrell Suggs was on "The Scott Van Pelt Show" [ESPN]
8. Dan Connolly woke his son up to watch one of the greatest finishes in World Series history [Orioles Insider]
9. Steve Melewski doesn't understand some of the fan reaction to John Stockstill [MASN]
10. Injuries in the backcourt could hold back Mark Turgeon on and off the court [ESPN]
11. Where does Michael Beasley's legal wrangling leave Dalonte Hill? [Tracking the Terps]
12. The Maryland football team has a new goal: making it to a bowl game [Washington Times]
13. Who would the Capitals call from jail? Alex Ovechkin [D.C. Sports Bog]Video of the morning:
This is one heck of a halfback pass [via Big Lead]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.