Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Anquan Boldin defended the Ravens offense on Wednesday. Running back Ray Rice said that he's not going to point any fingers, and linebacker Terrell Suggs wasn't sure what all the fuss was about. ... Bernard Pollard said the NFL is enticing defenders to go for opponents' knees. ... Paul Kruger took full responsibility for his costly running-into-punter penalty in Monday night's loss. ... Todd Heap might miss Sunday's homecoming game. ... Brian Roberts is feeling better. ... The Orioles interviewed De Jon Watson.
Hitting the links:
1. Shouldn't Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco be calling his own plays in the hurry-up offense? [Ravens Insider]
2. John Clayton thinks Joe Flacco has regressed [Ravens.com]
3. Don’t use Joe Flacco as the scapegoat for the Ravens’ failures [Afro American]
4. Six things to fix the Ravens offense [CSN Baltimore]
5. This week's Ravens Q&A with Mike Preston [Baltimore Sun]
6. Todd Heap might have to sit out his Ravens reunion [ESPN]
7. Anquan Boldin, Todd Heap and the business of football [ESPN]
8. Fitz and Q, one more time [ArizonaCardinals.com]
9. Keeping Cam Cameron around is complete insanity [B-more Birds' Nest]
10. Ray Lewis III has the talent and the drive to follow in his father's footsteps [SI]
11. Ray Lewis promises the ref he made the wrong call on Bernard Pollard [Baltimore Sports Report]
12. The O's haven't picked a GM yet, but at least they are bringing in quality candidates [Orioles Insider]
13. I am down with Amber Theoharis' logic on the Orioles trying to sign Jose Reyes [MASN]
14. Remember Cliff Tucker? He caught his first pass for UTEP over the weekend [Where Are They Now]
15. Michael Beasley lawsuit raises questions, and there are no easy answers [Terrapins Insider]
16. Kevin Cowherd writes about the comeback story of the Towson football team [Baltimore Sun]Video of the morning:
A youth football player caught a field goal attempt on liftoff and returned it for a TD [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.