Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Ravens coach John Harbaugh answered familiar questions about his offense on Tuesday. ... He insisted that Ray Rice wasn't benched in Monday night's loss to the Jaguars. ... He said that Ed Reed and Terrence Cody are OK. ... He stood by his decision to go for an onside kick. ... The Orioles will interview De Jon Watson for the general manager job on Wednesday. ... The Terps have work to do to become bowl-eligible.
Hitting the links:
1. Mike Preston says the Ravens don't have good enough tackles to rely on the passing game [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Ravens say their inconsistency on offense was a result of poor execution, not preparation [Baltimore Sun]
3. The "insane debacle" in Jacksonville really stays with you like rotten fish [CSN Baltimore]
4. Breaking down Joe Flacco's 'MNF' performance [ESPN]
5. Cam Cameron says that both he and quarterback Joe Flacco deserve heat [Pro Football Talk]
6. The Ravens lack leadership [Ravens 24x7]
7. John Harbaugh said Billy Cundiff's missed field goal was the difference on Monday [Ravens Insider]
8. Some familiar names are on this list of the 50 worst quarterbacks in NFL history [Complex]
9. Ranking the top non-defensive players in franchise history [iSportsWeb]
10. Here's a Q&A with Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta [Baltimore Sun]
11. John Lackey is an example of an advantage the haves possess over have-nots [Orioles Insider]
12. Orioles pitcher Zach Britton talks about his rookie season in Baltimore [FanGraphs]
13. Will the Orioles have a Gold Glove winner this season? [MASN]
Video of the morning:
We haven't had a hockey highlight in a while, so check out Patrick Kane's spin-o-rama assist
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.