Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens offense was historically awful in a 12-7 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars on Monday night. ... After the game, Ravens coach John Harbaugh said, "It’s about as bad as you can play on offense." ... Harbs also defended his decision to go for an onside kick. ... Ray Rice's fumble streak ended. ... Brendon Ayanbadejo was ejected. ... Bernard Pollard received a questionable penalty. ... Jimmy Smith "didn't really do anything" in his return. ... The Orioles will interview De Jon Watson, their third candidate for the GM spot, on Wednesday.
Hitting the links:
1. Five things Kevin Van Valkenburg learned [Ravens Insider]
2. Mike Preston's report card was an F fest [Baltimore Sun]
3. The Ravens aren't alone in their mediocrity [Baltimore Sun]
4. That was the kind of nightmare Edgar Allen Poe would have appreciated for sheer horror [FOX Sports]
7. Did that really just happen? [MASN]
8. The Ravens didn't come close to the championship standard on Monday night [CSN Baltimore]
9. The Ravens need to draft a wide receiver early in next year's draft [Sporting News]
10. The Ravens' inconsistency on offense casts postseason doubts [CBS Sports]
11. The Ravens can't contend with offensive inconsistency [CBS Sports]
12. The Orioles and Angels are taking different approaches in their GM searches [MASN]
13. Alex Ovechkin met his wax doppelganger [Capitals Insider]
Video of the morning:
Ray Rice was featured on ESPN's "E:60"
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.