Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
All eyes will be on the Ravens on Monday night as they have a chance to show that they are the AFC's best team. ... The Ravens ruled out Lee Evans and Ben Grubbs against the Jaguars after they failed to practice this week. Tom Zbikowski is likely out, too, but Jimmy Smith is optimistic he will be able to play. ... Terps linebacker Kenny Tate will undergo surgery and miss the rest of the season, according to Maryland coach Randy Edsall. ... The Texas Rangers beat the St. Louis Cardinals on Sunday to tie the World Series at two games apiece.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens won't lack for motivation on Monday night with the whole country watching [Baltimore Sun]
2. Three things that need to go right for the Ravens and three things that could go wrong [Baltimore Sun]
3. How good is Baltimore's defense? [ESPN]
4. Jarret Johnson is proving he is more than just a "hard-working, blue-collar guy" [Baltimore Sun]
5. Ray Rice is standing tall against other backs [ESPN]
6. The Ravens want more of their red-zone trips to result in touchdowns [Ravens Insider]
7. Torrey Smith and LaQuan Williams took different paths to the NFL [Washington Times]
8. Chuck Pagano is a fan of Maurice Jones-Drew [MASN]
9. People actually dye their pets purple and get football numbers shaved in their fur [Baltimore Sun]
10. Brooks Robinson, Baltimore's stand-up guy, now stands for eternity [Baltimore Sun]
11. Baltimore got another chance to say, "Thanks, Brooks" [MASN]
12. Which free-agent first baseman would you prefer: Albert Pujols or Prince Fielder? [Orioles Insider]
13. The Baltimore bullpen wasn't bad in 2011, but it wasn't good, either [Camden Depot]
14. Where did all of the Orioles fans go? [CSN Baltimore]
15. Maryland football is rebuilding a year early, but whose fault is that? [SB Nation]
16. The Capitals will be in good shape in the playoffs with this kind of depth [On Frozen Blog]
Video of the morning:
Was Saturday night's Wisconsin-Michigan State game the best finish of the NCAA season to date?
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.Copyright © 2015, The Baltimore Sun