By Matt Vensel
9:30 AM EDT, October 19, 2011
Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Baltimore Grand Prix attendees spent as much as $25 million at the Labor Day weekend event, which was far short of the $70 million projected by race organizers. ... The Ravens waived Mark LeVoir and brought back Prescott Burgess. ... The Orioles on Tuesday interviewed Jerry Dipoto, the first candidate to replace Andy MacPhail the team has met with. ... It looks like the Alfredo Simon saga in the Dominican Republic isn’t over yet, as another hearing was pushed back. ... After a breakout game against Clemson, C.J. Brown is no longer Maryland's well-kept secret at quarterback. ... The Capitals shut out the Panthers, 3-0, to stay unbeaten.
Hitting the links:
1. Terrell Suggs is "sold" on his quarterback [ESPN]
2. Here's a Q&A with "Chocolate Therapy" [Baltimore Sun]
3. The defense has returned to its roots [USA Today]
4. Pernell McPhee continues to impress [Ravens Insider]
5. Derrick Mason shouldn't have been booed [Ravens 24x7]
6. Bryant McKinnie is happy here [Minneapolis Star-Tribune]
7. It turned out to be a good thing that Baltimore was passed over for an expansion team [Ravens.com]
8. Here's a list of the top 10 defenders in Ravens history [isportsweb]
9. If the Ravens win the Super Bowl, they will look back to the win over the Texans [Press Box]
10. Peter Schmuck thinks the St. Louis Cardinals will win the World Series [Baltimore Sun]
11. Koji Uehara is pitching with one of his high school teammates in Texas [MLB.com]
12. But Koji could be the odd man out in the roster crunch [Dallas Morning News]
13. The Nick Markakis riddle [CSN Baltimore]
14. Where is the Maryland football program heading? [Turtle Droppings]
15. Alex Ovechkin needs to get the puck on net more often [Capitals Insider]Video of the morning:
Why were there no dancing inflatable mascots at March Madness events here? [D.C. Sports Bog]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.
Copyright © 2014, The Baltimore Sun