Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Ravens finished arguably their toughest five-game stretch of the season with a 4-1 record, so it's understandable to look ahead. ... John Harbaugh is concerned about the number of hits quarterback Joe Flacco took on Sunday. ... Here's a surprise: Harbaugh sided with his brother, Jim, after the 49ers coach got into a spat with Lions coach Jim Schwartz ... There is now an open competition among kickoff returners. ... The Orioles have been checking out players in Japan, including Yu Darvish.
Hitting the links:
1. The Ravens' run defense is stingy [Baltimore Sun]
2. Joe Flacco has a new go-to wide receiver [PressBox]
3. Is Flacco silencing his critics? [Baltimore Sports Report]
4. The Ravens use iPads for playbooks [New York Times]
5. The Ravens are struggling down in the red zone [MASN]
6. Ray Lewis is alone in the 40/30 club [B-more Birds' Nest]
7. Even when things don't go perfectly, the Ravens find a way to win [AP]
8. Can a team make the playoffs with Kyle Boller as its quarterback? [San Francisco Chronicle]
9. The Orioles have to properly identify their problems before they can fix them [MASN]
10. Matt Bradley feels bad for throwing Alexander Semin under the bus [Capitals Insider]Video of the morning:
The law firm of BenJarvus Green-Ellis wants to represent your fantasy team [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.