Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Indianapolis Colts have not given Johnny Unitas' number to some guy named Kole Heckendorf. ... A day after practicing on a limited basis, Lee Evans, Ben Grubbs and Tom Zbikowski did not participate on Thursday. ... David Reed has been practicing and could play Sunday. ... Due to those enhanced security measures, the Ravens are asking fans to arrive early for Sunday's game at M&T Bank Stadium. ... The Orioles are making moves in their search for a new general manager. ... As many as five freshman could start for the Maryland football team on Saturday. ... The Capitals beat the Penguins in overtime.
Hitting the links:
1. Ravens left tackle Bryant McKinnie is enjoying his fresh start while trying to prove his doubters wrong [Baltimore Sun]
2. The Ravens know they can't look past Houston [Baltimore Sun]
3. Derrick Mason is back where he started [Houston Chronicle]
4. Bernard Pollard is ready for his former team [Ravens Insider]
5. Vonta Leach is intense [CSN Baltimore]
6. The Ravens' running game packs more punch with Vonta Leach [ESPN]
7. Catching up with former Ravens safety Chad Williams [Toy Department]
8. Joe Jordan was introduced to the Philadelphia media [Philadelphia Daily News]
9. The Orioles won't replace Jordan until they replace Andy MacPhail [Orioles Insider]
10. Is it better to be an Orioles fan right now than a Red Sox fan? [Baltimore Sports Report]
11. No longer at midnight, Maryland Madness survives 40 years later [Baltimore Sun]
12. Lefty Driesell is the father of Midnight Madness [NCAA]
13. Jeff Barker's gut is telling him that C.J. Brown will start at QB on Saturday [Tracking the Terps]Video of the morning:
Happy Friday! [via Hot Clicks]
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, etc. and I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.